Weddings cost so much time, stress and of course money. Long after the flowers have wilted, the centerpieces have been taken home by guests, the music stops, or the cake is devoured, what will you have left?
With Buttery leather covers and gorgeous designer photo spreads, your book will be a family heirloom made to last generations. A Lifetime Guarantee ensures that it will look great, for years to come
To DIY or not to DIY?
After a wedding there can be over a thousand photos, this is daunting for a new bride to take on herself, which is why it important to let someone else handle the job for you. Do it yourself is really popular these days, and may save you money up front, but the result is not the same and I think most brides do not understand the vast array of photo books and albums available. As a professional photographer, I feel it is my duty to teach brides the difference between a professional photo book, and the kind you get from places such as My Publisher, or Shutterfly.
A Professional Photo Book or Album will:
- Have heavy thick pages usually on photographic or fine art paper
- Have a real leather Cover, or other high quality cover materials
- Come in very large, substantial sizes and have a luxurious weight and feel to them
- Have been professionally bound in a way that prevents pages from falling out
- Have lay flat pages, with no or virtually no gutter in the middle or page spreads
- Come with care instructions, and a guarantee
- Be designed professionally for you, giving you opportunity to make changes.
A consumer- made photo book will :
- Have literally paper thin pages, like that of a magazine
- Usually only offers imitation leather, and photo covers
- Typically come up to 10 x 10 and feel lightweight, and casual
- Have pages like a children’s storybook, do not lay flat when open & leave a gutter in the middle of page spreads.
- Does not come with guarantee, and usually begins to deteriorate visibly after a year
- Have to be designed by you, a task which many people never get around to.
The investment of a photo book, or album is a large one, but well worth the cost. You can’t put a price on an heirloom that will last forever. Consider carefully, the products that are available, and make the choice that fits you and your budget.