As a devoted Do-it- yourselfer, I wanted to drop a little post – a how to for floral bouquets. Take this information as far as you want- maybe some of you will walk down the asile with your own creations in hand, maybe some of you will get on pinterest and take this tutorial to new levels with paper flowers, feathers and antique broaches. My inspiration for today’s blog post was for brides like myself, who are “ballin-on-a-budget” Champagne taste on a beer budget? Well, read on……
A simple bouquet is a wonderful addition to your bridal photos, but many brides get frustrated at yet another cost. Whether you are a Wedding Photographer, or a bride, Here is an excellent tutorial on how to make an easy yet beautiful bouquet to grace your photos, in just a few minutes. You can even gather wild flowers and greenery for this project, which would make it little- to -no cost.
Five Tips for Arranging your own Flowers:
- Cut Stems at a 45 degree angle
- Uniformity- use 1-2 types of blooms, this makes the design easier for a beginner
- Plan ahead! do you want a small bouquet or a large one? a round shape or a cascade?
- Be unique! Include feathers, bare branches, jewels or vintage fabric
- Feed: make sure to put your finished flowers in a vase with plant food for long lasting blooms
Just because you can’t afford extra florals, don’t mean you can’t have them! Where there’s a will, theres a way.